Join UsJoin the International Wader Study Group and become part of the network of wader enthusiasts around the world.
Geolocator ProjectGeolocators are an increasingly popular technology for studying the movements of individual birds.
The aims of the International Wader Study Group are to:
- promote wader conservation and research by fostering contact among amateurs and professionals studying shorebirds
- help organise co-operative studies and projects
- provide a vehicle for exchange of information on waders and their biology
The main means of achieving these aims are through:
- holding an annual conference
- publishing, three times per year, the journal Wader Study
- publishing occasional volumes of International Wader Studies, an in-depth treatment of individual shorebird issues
- acting as the Wetlands International Wader Specialist Group