Information for Observers
Have you seen a colour-marked shorebird in Europe or the East Atlantic Flyway?
If so, please follow this three-step-approach:
- Was it a Black-tailed Godwit Limosa limosa? Please directly contact the IWSG species coordinator for Black-tailed Godwit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Was it a Sanderling Calidris alba? Please report sightings of Sanderlings on https://animaltrack.org/ – this requires creating an account on AnimalTrack which takes 1 minute. If for whatever reason this fails, contact the IWSG species coordinator for Sanderling at email@example.com.
- Was it a Knot Calidris canutus? If so, please check the easy to use Photoguide to Red Knot colour-ring schemes.
- Was it a Bar-tailed Godwit Limosa lapponica? If so, please check the easy to use guide here.
- If it was not a Black-tailed Godwit or a Sanderling or a Red Knot, please use the IWSG Colour Mark Register to find the project where the bird may have come from.
Alternative options include: