Terms & Conditions
Last edited: 29 May 2018
1. Terms and Conditions
Access and use
Access to full-text Wader Study content for IWSG individual/family members and institution is controlled by a subscriber username and password. Individuals with valid electronic subscriptions to Wader Study are allowed the download of PDF files for personal non-profit use only. Copying and distributing content of the IWSG website is not allowed without permission of the IWSG.
Under an institutional membership a limited number of users will be designated to have access. The standard institutional membership rate allows 5 users; the administrator of the institutional membership (usually a librarian) provides IWSG with the names and email addresses of the designated number people they would like to benefit from the membership. Extended member ships rates allowing excess of up to 50 people can be purchased on demand.
2. Limitations of Liability
Owing to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee that the IWSG website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to users. You should ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
Although we make reasonable effort to ensure that the information on this website is accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and IWSG does not give any warranty that any such information will be accurate or complete at any particular time or at all.
This website and any information or other material contained in it are made available strictly on the basis that you accept it on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ basis. Where you rely on any information or other material contained in it, you do so entirely at your own risk and you accept that all warranties, conditions and undertakings, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise in respect of this website are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
We exclude all liability whatever, to the fullest extent permitted by law, in respect of any loss or damage resulting or arising from any non-availability or use of this website or of any other website linked to it, or from reliance on the contents of this website or any material or content accessed through it.
3. Privacy statement International Wader Study Group
This privacy statement sets out how the International Wader Study Group (IWSG) and the journal Wader Study complies with data protection legal requirements. This applies to the entire website, including journal pages of Wader Study which can be accessed at www.waderstudygroup.org.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When ordering a membership subscription or registering for an annual conference, purchase back journal or other merchandise, as appropriate you will be asked to enter your name, email address and mailing address. If you opt to pay for either through our site you will be asked to provide debit/credit card information through PayPal.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, take out a membership or apply to attend a conference. How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you:
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your membership status, regarding your subscription to our journal Wader Study, or regarding the Group’s news and our annual conferences.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website on the WordPress core is updated automatically with every new release and regularly checked for any plugin updates. This will prevent security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is stored on the web server which is secured by the web host and is only accessible by the Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Conference Coordinator, Webmaster and Chair (for current information of who holds each position see https://www.waderstudygroup.org/executive-committee). Those who have special access rights to our systems are required to keep the information confidential and to not store information on personal computers.
- All financial transactions are processed securely through a gateway provider (PayPal) and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Personal information of delegates of our Annual Conferences are deleted in the calendar year after the conference year; for historical purposes we archive depersonalized data, e.g. the number of delegates per country.
- We remove names and personal information of lapsed members after five calendar years; for historical purposes we archive depersonalized data only.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site.
How does our site handle do-not-track signals?
We do not track users at all.
Does our site allow third party behavioural tracking?
It is also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking.
Users can visit our site anonymously.
- Via email
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By logging in and accessing the My Account section
- By emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
After ending your membership, you can request immediate deletion of your personal information by emailing email@example.com.
We will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
- We will notify the users via email
- We will notify the users via in site notification
- We will notify the appropriate authorities